The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People PDF – by: Stephen R. Covey | Free Download eBooks
Covey presents an approach to being effective in attaining goals by aligning oneself to what he calls “true north” principles based on a character ethic that he presents as universal and timeless.
The key insights from The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People book :
- Sharpen the saw. Don’t work yourself to death.
- Be proactive. You have a natural need to wield influence on the world around you so don’t spend your time just reacting to external events and circumstances. Take charge and assume responsibility for your life.
- Begin with an end in mind. Don’t spend your life working aimlessly, tackling whatever job is at hand. Have a vision for the future and align your actions accordingly to make it into a reality.
- Put first things first. To prioritize your work, focus on what’s important, meaning the things that bring you closer to your vision of the future. Don’t get distracted by urgent but unimportant tasks.
- Think win-win. When negotiating with other, don’t try to get the biggest slice of the cake, but rather find a division that is acceptable to all parties. You will still get your fair share, and build strong positive relationships in the process.
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood. We should first take time to really listen to the other person and only then make recommendations.
- Synergism. Adopt the guiding principle that in a group, the contributions of many will far exceed those of any individual.