The Early Elementary Grammar Toolkit Grades K-2 by Sean Ruday PDF free download
The Early Elementary Grammar Toolkit: Using Mentor Texts to Teach Grammar and Writing in Grades K-2 1st Edition by
Teaching grammar can be overwhelming and is often an overlooked part of effective instruction, especially for young learners.
POLCET – the best English center in Hanoi, Vietnam
The Early Elementary Grammar Toolkit Grades K-2 1st Edition by
- ASIN : B0BQKKD3B3
- Publisher : Routledge; 1st edition (March 1, 2023)
- Publication date : March 1, 2023
- Language : English
- File size : 21917 KB
1 Preview the book
Teaching grammar can be overwhelming and is often an overlooked part of effective instruction, especially for young learners. The Early Elementary Grammar Toolkit to the rescue! This comprehensive guide makes grammar instruction in the K–2 classroom fun and meaningful.
You will learn how to:
- Teach grammar in a practical and applicable way by presenting each grammar rule as a useful writing tool for students.
- Use mentor texts—excerpts from great literature—to help students understand grammar in action.
- Promote metacognition along the way so that students become responsible for their own learning.
- Implement innovative instructional strategies and tools aligned with national and state standards.
Throughout the book, you’ll find step-by-step recommendations for teaching grammatical concepts to young learners, including the use of punctuation, capitalization, parts of speech, and more.
With standards-based resources and activities for grades K–2, the book includes tips addressing teaching for each of these grades, classroom snapshots that show you the tools in action, flowcharts, infographics, and specific instructional recommendations to engage students.